Health, Safety and Environment
At Roobian Company our most valuable resource is the people who work for us. Injuries can be prevented. Accidents can be avoided. Precious Environmental Resources can be protected. To achieve these objectives, Roobian Company will make all reasonable efforts to comply with government regulations pertaining to health, safety and environmental issues. An effective Health, Safety and Environmental Program will be carried out throughout our organization.
Our HSE Program will assist management and non-supervisory employees in controlling hazards and risks which will minimize employee and customer injuries, damage to customer's property and damage or destruction of Roobian Company property.
All employees will follow this program. This program is designed to encourage all employees to promote the safety of their fellow employees and customers. To accomplish our safety, health and environmental awareness, all members of management are responsible and accountable for implementing this policy, and to ensure it is followed.
Roobian Company is sincerely interested in the employee's safety. We provide safe equipment, adequate tools and training, and the necessary protective equipment. It is the employee's responsibility to follow the rules of safety as established for their protection and the protection of others, and to use the protective devices, clothing or equipment provided by Roobian Company.
Roobian Company strives to create a work environment that values diversity, teamwork, ethical behavior, and performance excellence. We believe that a company culture that values total performance excellence, protects lives and property, reduces insurance costs, averts liability claims, improves schedules, builds productivity and morale and protects and enhances our customer's image. Our continued success achieving HSE objectives requires thorough training programs, individual discipline and awareness, and a personal commitment that begins with the CEO and is shared by every employee. Global competitive pressures and increasing social responsibility are challenging the way corporations achieve their health, safety, and environmental (HSE) objectives.
Quality training has been provided to Roobian Co. employees at all levels of operations, engineering and administration, to instill a zero defects attitude. Quality improvement teams serve as focal points for quality assurance, incorporating customer priorities into every phase of our operations.
Roobian Co. is committed to the health and safety of our employees, operating communities and locations and the natural environment. Our comprehensive HS&E policy focuses on prevention, accountability, communication and incident control while promoting a safe, healthy and productive work environment.
Comprehensive training programs educate field crews as to safety procedures and handling of hazardous materials. The Roobian Co. corporate culture promotes respect for the environment in every part of the world and makes every effort to minimize disturbance to plant and animal life. We strive to decrease the use of chemicals harmful to the environment. Extensive recycling has been instituted at Roobian Co. operations facilities and manufacturing operations.
The objectives of the Roobian Co. Health, Safety and Environment processes are to:
Roobian Co. operates to a quality-based Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Management System designed to involve all levels of management in the HSE Process. This HSE management system provides for the involvement of all Baker Hughes employees in the process of preventing illnesses and injuries and of protecting the environment and continuous improvement of HSE processes.
The responsibility for HSE issues follows the same organization structure that controls the Company's day-to-day activities; therefore, HSE considerations are part of the normal planning, implementing, reviewing and auditing process.
Statement of Principle
Outstanding business performance requires outstanding HSE performance. This means the protection of the health and safety of our people and of those affected by our business, the protection of our physical assets and reputation and the protection of the environment.
ROOBIAN CO’s HSE Policy cascades from Business Principles, thus:
· We believe all injuries are preventable
· We provide healthy, safe and secure work environments
· We make a positive contribution to the protection of the environment
· We reduce to the minimum practicable any adverse effects of our operations on the environment
· We go beyond compliance with local regulation to meet or exceed internationally accepted good practice in health, safety and environmental management
We recognize that HSE is everyone's responsibility and that we each have a duty to intervene to prevent unsafe actions and to reinforce good behaviors. Our goal is zero injuries. The safe delivery of projects and operation of facilities is a critical success factor. It is not just the end result that matters; we care about how we get there.
Roobian Company aims to be a maritime industry leader in HSE performance too.
· Ensure that all management decisions reflect our HSE intentions;
· Ensure all employees understand their HSE accountabilities and demonstrate visible HSE leadership;
· Ensure that our HSE management systems reflect best industry practice and are properly resourced. We will continually improve by ensuring that lessons are always learned;
· Provide direction, education, training and supervision to ensure that all employees understand the required behaviors and the consequences of non-compliance. Good HSE performance is essential for career advancement;
· Ensure that our contractors understand their HSE accountabilities and required behaviors, share our aspirations and are aware of the consequences of non-compliance. We will learn continually from each other's experiences;
· Work with our partners to achieve internationally accepted good practice in HSE and learn continually from each other's experiences;
· Adopt a risk-based approach to the design, construction and operation of facilities across their full life cycle;
· Take account of stakeholder HSE concerns through involving and consulting with employees and their representatives, communities where we operate, government authorities, customers and shareholders;
· Continually improve our HSE performance so that work related ill health and incidents are reduced and so that environmental emissions, waste and the use of energy are reduced relative to activity;
· Comply with this Policy and drive HSE improvements by setting expectations and objectives and reviewing, monitoring and auditing performance;
· Publicly report on key HSE objectives and performance, fully co-operate with relevant government agencies and work with the industry to improve HSE practices;
· Regularly review this Policy.
Copyright © 2002-2008 - Roobian.com - All Rights Reserved.